Pier in Culdaff, or at Glengad Pier|
Series No. 3|
22 23 North approx.|
10 37 West approx.|
to strong currents dive only at slack water.
is High/Low Water Belfast - 20 minutes.
is highest part of wreck as it is settling into the gravel.
built in 1910 by Beverly Shipyard, Hull, (yard no. 201) she was owned by T.W.
Bascomb, Grimsby, registration no. GY 552.
screw ketch, she measured 131.5ft. x 22.5ft. and grossed 280 tons (119 net) and
powered by engines from C.B. Holmes of Hull..
February 1915 she was drafted into the Navy as an minesweeper (Admiralty No. 1149)
and fitted with a single 6 pounder gun.
struck a mine while patrolling off Malin Head.
locally as 'Mickey Willie's Wreck'.
Index of Ireland"
& Bridget Larn|
Register - Fairplay Ltd 2002 - ISBN: 1900839970|
of the Irish Coast 932 - 1997"
J. Bourke |
J. Bourke 1998 - ISBN:
University of Belfast SAC (2000)|
update - 06-May-2003