1898 by A & J. Inglis, Glasgow, as the "Vulture" for Burns
& Laird's Ardrossan to Belfast run.
by triple expansion machinery, 3 single ended oil fired boilers, installed by
D & W Henderson in 1924. Length - 265.0ft x 33.5ft x draft 15.5ft; 1,670 gross
tons; 367 net HP.
1929 she was re-named as "Lairdstock". In 1937 she was finally
re-named "Lochgarry" after purchase by David McBrayne Ltd.
was converted to a Government Transport ship and had previously been involved
in Dunkirk evacuation.
on a trip from Glasgow to Oban to collect a group of soldiers bound for the Faroes
she struck rocks off the Mull of Kintyre.
and crippled, she finally went down off the East coast of Rathlin Island.
men drowned when their life-boat was dashed against the rocks north of Doon Bay.
- Screw removed
by Karl Bialowas.